Which of these sentences grabs your attention?
- “Sales are up dramatically”
- “Sales are up 10% over last year”
- “Sales are up $2 million over this time last year”
For most audiences it will be the last one. Why?
- Grabbers speak to the individual’s experience. We know what $2 million is, even if we’ll never see it.
- Grabbers are specific— real numbers are more engaging than “alot” or “substantially”
- Grabbers change for each audience. If you are an investor, that 10% might be a more important number than the $2 million.
Grab your audience with the opening sentence.