Marcus shares his thoughts on the importance of being fully present and how meditation has helped improve his communication skills. A key takeaway is that it is ok to be a “work in progress” when it comes to being an effective communicator.
- 0:00 – Intro/Marcus’s Background
- 1:50 – What does ‘strong communication skills’ mean to you?
- 3:57 – The effects of meditation on communication skills
- 10:39 – What communication skills are necessary today?
- 15:06 – How to communicate data
- 19:37 – The importance of networking
- 28:56 – Trust is foundational to effective communication
About Marcus Schaller:
Marcus has almost 20 years of experience helping B2B brands create obsessively customer-focused marketing strategies and content. He is currently the Senior Content Director at Team 201 where his primary focus is scaling client content projects across different areas of the marketing function, including creating performance and paid programs for CRO, driving thought leadership, and developing customer-focused strategic narratives.
► Follow Communispond on LinkedIn for more communication skills tips: https://www.linkedin.com/company/communispond
► Connect with Scott D’Amico on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottdamico/
► Connect with Marcus Schaller on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcusschaller/
► Subscribe to the podcast: https://communicast.simplecast.com/
► Download the ProSpeak® app. Providing users with instant feedback on presentation and communication skills.
– Apple: https://apple.co/3jTJbqe
– Android: https://bit.ly/3buYqRT
Could you or your organization benefit from virtual or in-person communication skills training? Contact us: https://communispond.com/contact/